Here at Epona Equine, we hold RCVS Equine General Practice – Ambulatory accreditation, which are the schemes most appropriate for us.
What are RCVS Core Standards?
For this accreditation, we have shown total compliance with all the legal and health & safety requirements necessary for our work. This means that, among other things, we have:
- Access to 24-hour emergency cover for patients
- Appropriately trained staff (veterinary qualifications and insurance are checked)
- Maintained standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- Ensured clients are given estimates of costs of treatments and consent to procedures undertaken
What is RCVS General Practice accreditation?
As well as complying with RCVS Core Standards around legal and health & safety requirements, emergency cover (and more), we strive for continuous improvement and:
- Have a system for monitoring the outcome of treatments
- Show ongoing commitment to education and training
- Keep premises clean and well maintained
- Have a policy for communicating with clients and looking at feedback
- Have access to laboratory facilities for diagnostic testing
What is RCVS Equine General Practice – Ambulatory accreditation?
This accreditation recognises that we are an equine practice that operates at RCVS Core and General Practice level. While we don’t have stabling or premises for treatment, we have in all other ways reached extremely stringent criteria around legal and health & safety requirements, emergency cover, governance, monitoring treatment outcomes, and more.